Terms and Conditions for Use of the T3 Innovation Network Resource Hub
This website is owned by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, 1615 H Street NW, Washington, DC 20062. These TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE (“Terms and Conditions”) are made between the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation (the “Chamber Foundation”) and any person (“User”) who uses or visits the T3 Innovation Network Resource Hub (collectively the “T3 Network Hub”).
BY USING AND/OR VISITING THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE T3 NETWORK HUB, YOU SIGNIFY YOUR CONSENT AND AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE T3 NETWORK HUB. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE MAY REQUIRE YOU TO REGISTER TO PERFORM CERTAIN FUNCTIONS AND ACCESS CERTAIN AREAS OF THE T3 NETWORK HUB.
1. Ability to Accept Terms and Conditions
- 1.1. You affirm that you are either 18 years of age or older, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms and Conditions, and to abide by and comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- 1.2. You affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the T3 Network Hub is not intended for children under 13.
- 1.3. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use theT3 Network Hub.
2. Website Access and Use
- 2.1. Chamber Foundation hereby grants you permission to use the T3 Network Hub as set forth herein, provided that:
- 2.1.1. Your use of the T3 Network Hub is solely in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; and
- 2.1.2. You will not copy or distribute any part of the T3 Network Hub in any medium without the Chamber Foundation’s prior written authorization.
- 2.2. We may use “cookie” and/or “web beacon” technology to provide features for the T3 Network Hub. While all browsers are different, you may be able to configure your browser to accept or reject all or some cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. However, you may have to enable cookies in order to use and access theT3 Network Hub.
- 2.3. You agree not to (i) use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” and any other similar or analogous system and (ii) not to effect fraudulent or untrue request messages to the Chamber Foundation’s servers or to engage third persons to effect fraudulent or untrue request messages to the Chamber Foundation’s servers.
- 2.4. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Chamber Foundation grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not to create caches or archives of such materials. The Chamber Foundation reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases.
3. Uploaded Content
- 3.1. User may upload content to theT3 Network Hub.
- 3.2. User is legally responsible for all content uploaded to the T3 Network Hub.
- 3.3. By uploading content, User warrants that: (i) you own all rights in and to your content, or, if the content is subject to third party intellectual property rights, you have all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish the content; (ii) you are legally entitled to post the content, and (iii) the content does not violate any law.
- 3.4. User releases, discharges, and agrees to hold the Chamber Foundation, and any person acting on their behalf, harmless from any liability related in any way to the use of the content.
- 3.5. User retains all rights in the uploaded content. User grants the Chamber Foundation a worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable license to use the uploaded content, including to reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works, display and perform it in connection with the services of the T3 Network Hub
4. Links To and From the T3 Network Hub
- 4.1. The T3 Network Hub may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by the Chamber Foundation, and such links should not be interpreted as an endorsement of any company, content or products to which the T3 Network Hub links. The Chamber Foundation has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites.
- 4.2. The Chamber Foundation disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, to any such linked sites, including but not limited to any terms as to the accuracy, ownership, validity or legality of any content of a linked website. By using the T3 Network Hub, you expressly relieve the Chamber Foundation from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
- 4.3. The Chamber Foundation permits you to link to only the main or “home” page of theT3 Network Hub, https://T3NetworkHub.org/. “Deep links” to sub webpages are prohibited.
5. Intellectual Property Rights
- 5.1. The Chamber Foundation trademarks, service marks and logos on the T3 Network Hub are owned by or licensed to the Chamber Foundation, its affiliates or associates, and are subject to copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights under applicable laws.
- 5.2. The T3 Network Hub may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for purposes not authorized herein without the prior written consent of the Chamber Foundation.
- 5.3. You agree to not engage in any use, copying, or distribution of any content available from or through theT3 Network Hub, other than as expressly permitted herein.
- 5.4. If you download or print a copy of content from the T3 Network Hub for personal use, you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein.
- 5.5. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the T3 Network Hub or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or theT3 Network Hub.
- 5.6. The Chamber Foundation reserves all rights not expressly granted herein.
6. Digital Millennium Copyright Act; Copyright Complaints
- 6.1. The Chamber Foundation respects the intellectual property rights of others and requires those that use our website to do the same. The Chamber Foundation may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, remove or disable access to material on the website that infringes upon the copyright rights of others. The Chamber Foundation also may, at our discretion, remove or disable links or references to an online location that contains infringing material or infringing activity. In the event that any users of the website repeatedly infringe on others’ copyrights, the Chamber Foundation may, in our sole discretion, terminate those individuals’ rights to use the website.
- 6.2. If you believe that any copyrighted work is accessible through the T3 Network Hub in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify the Chamber Foundation by providing our designated copyright agent with the following information:
- The physical or electronic signature of either the copyright owner or of a person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf;
- A description of the copyrighted work you claim has been infringed, and a description of the activity that you claim to be infringing;
- Identification of the URL or other specific location on the T3 Network Hub where the material or activity you claim to be infringing is located or is occurring;
- You must include enough information to allow us to locate the material or the activity;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that (i) the information you have provided is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; and (ii) you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, any agent of the copyright owner, or the law.
- Please note that the United States Copyright Act prohibits the submission of a false or materially misleading copyright notice or counter-notice (discussed below), and any such submission may result in liabilities, including perjury. U.S. federal courts have determined that copyright owners must consider whether the work in question qualifies as a “fair use” before submitting a notice of claimed infringement.
- You can contact our designated agent through firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6.3. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against, you can send the Chamber Foundation a counter-notice that includes:
- Your name and address, and telephone number.
- The source address of the removed content.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed in error.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the
- United States, for any judicial district in which the T3 Network Hub may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the original complaint.
7. Warranty Disclaimer
- 7.1. You agree that your use of the T3 Network Hub shall be at your sole risk.
- 7.2. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Chamber Foundation, its officers, directors, employees, and agents disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the T3 Network Hub and your use thereof.
- 7.3. The T3 Network Hub is provided AS IS and the Chamber Foundation makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of this site’s content and assumes no liability or responsibility for any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content, (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of theT3 Network Hub , (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (iv) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the T3 Network Hub, (v) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through theT3 Network Hub , and/or (vi) any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via theT3 Network Hub .
- 7.4. The Chamber Foundation does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through theT3 Network Hub, and the Chamber Foundation will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services. As with the purchase of a product or service through any medium or in any environment, you should use your best judgment and exercise caution where appropriate.
8. Limitation of Liability
- 8.1. In no event shall the Chamber Foundation, its officers, directors, employees, or agents, be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from (i) your access to and use of theT3 Network Hub , (ii) any unauthorized access to or use of our servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (iii) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from theT3 Network Hub , (iv) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like, which may be transmitted to or through theT3 Network Hub , and/or (v) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of theT3 Network Hub , whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not the company is advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction.
- 9.1. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Chamber Foundation, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your violation of any term of these Terms and Conditions; or (ii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive termination of these Terms and Conditions and your use of theT3 Network Hub.
- 10.1. The Chamber Foundation reserves the right to discontinue, modify, and alter any and all aspects of the T3 Network Hub at any time and without notice.
- 10.2. The Chamber Foundation reserves the right to immediately terminate your access to the T3 Network Hub if the Chamber Foundation determines that you are in breach of the Terms and Conditions.
11. General Terms
- 11.1. You agree that: (i) the T3 Network Hub shall be deemed solely based in the Washington, DC; (ii) the T3 Network Hub shall be deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over the Chamber Foundation, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than Washington, DC, and (iii) by accepting the Terms and Conditions you are submitting yourself to the jurisdiction of Washington, DC, USA for any issues related to the Terms and Conditions and/or your use of the T3 Network Hub and/or your transactions with the Chamber Foundation.
- 11.2. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Washington, DC without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Any claim or dispute between you and the Chamber Foundation that arises in whole or in part from the T3 Network Hub shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Washington, DC. These Terms and Conditions, together with any other legal notices published by the Chamber Foundation on theT3 Network Hub, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and the Chamber Foundation concerning theT3 Network Hub.
- 11.3. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- 11.4. No waiver of any term of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and the Chamber Foundation’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- 11.5. The Chamber Foundation reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and without notice, and it is your responsibility to review these Terms and Conditions for any changes.
- 11.6. Your use of the T3 Network Hub following any amendment of these Terms and Conditions will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms.
- 11.7. You and the Chamber Foundation agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the T3 Network Hub must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently time barred.